Blonde By Design

Friday, September 22, 2006

My Montana Road Trip... PART ONE

Posted by Picasa




Making a turn around drive from California to Montana in one week's time is, shall we say, not the easiest task I've accomplished lately. It's do-able, but nicer if one actually has more of a stay and rest between the driving to MT. and the driving from MT.

During the past week, from the span of Tuesday to Tuesday, The Ark Kids and I spent more time traveling than anything else.

Good thing I like to drive. *smiles*

I knew it would have to be a quick turn around trip since I was scheduling it inbetween doctor appointments, donations to the vampire (aka: having blood drawn for more blood tests), and the important things in life. (facial, manicure.. you know.. the stuff that REALLY counts. *grins*)

Last Tuesday I loaded up my girly-girl SUV with all my dog, cat, and me luggage to last for a week. (Ok, my personal luggage might have been able to last a week or two longer... but, who's counting? The kitchen sink wouldn't fit!)

After I'd packed up the girly-girl, it was time to mount the reindeer and sleigh I had picked up for my Mom on the SUV roof rack. It was a gift to add to her Christmas Tree Lane extravaganza of decorations. My Mom has TWO barn-like sheds to store her Christmas decorations in!

They are NOT small sheds.

Need I say more???

(I figured the reindeer and sleigh were used to cold weather, so no need to try and find room inside my girly-girl SUV. )

*rolls eyes at bad late night humor*

Fortunately for me, my friend Terry aka: The Tuna Sitter, who innocently, doing a good deed, came to pick up Tuna, also ended up helping me strap on the Reindeer and Sleigh to the roof rack. I'm not sure how I thought I was going to do that on my own, but I can safely say, I don't think I could have done it by myself nor been strong enough to tie things down as tightly as Terry did so that said Reindeer and Sleigh didn't take off in mid flight from the roof rack while cruising beyond freeway speeds on my way to Montana.

I still haven't found the photo card of the girly-girl SUV carrying the Reindeer and Sleigh on her back... but I DID take pictures so *you* could laugh with me. I swear, I had to have looked something close to the Beverly Hillbilly's. *grins* Hopefully I'll find that photo card so you can still share in on my laugh.

So... my road trip pictures start... at a special exit about three hours from home.

*evil blonde smile*

THIS is where one should NOT turn off if they want to buy a Toyota and have things taken care of correctly the FIRST time.

*innocent blonde look n grins*






Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home