Blonde By Design

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Be careful what you ask for...


Sometimes God does for us what we can't do for ourselves.

With all the driven push in my life to *get caught up*, traveling, and keeping my head clear and level for work, I've needed a break.

A rest.

To get swallowed up in some heavy duty serenity.

Just yesterday, amidst a deliberate, focused, deep cleansing breath session after a particularity tough client, I'd said, "I need a flower day soon." (blonde translation: "I need a day tinkering in my potted garden.")

Well, God must have heard me. lol

Last night my hotwater heater went out. I ended my tilt-a-whirl day with a shower that was so tepidly warm it had a chill to it. *sighs*

Granted, I wanted a flower day, but truly... not this way. Not when I'm so busy and trying SO hard to get everything done.

What does a hotwater heater going out have to do with a flower day, you might ask?

Easy.

The hotwater heater is enclosed in a closet on my back patio. Did I mention my back patio is FULL of potted plants? I will have to do some MAJOR moving things around in order for the maintemance man to be able to work on the hotwater heater.

*laughs at the irony of it all*

Oh well... when life deals you lemons ... make lemonade.

It'll be good for me to catch up on my gardening as well.

I love getting lost in my flowers and plants.

It fills my soul with a deep gratitude for life ... it swallows me up with serenity.

2 Comments:

  • I call those mental health days...time away from it all to do what I want to do..I think I am long overdue for one of those...

    By Blogger Ann, at 6:55 PM  

  • By the looks of my garden, Ann, I am longgggg overdue, to. Maybe we should hook up with Susan and go see those Clydesdales! lol

    By Blogger Sprite, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home