Blonde By Design

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Jo...


Happy Birthday Jo.

September 2nd was Jo's birthday. She would have been 84 years young.
She was my closest friend.
She was my mom, even though she was not my biological mom.
She was my main source of love and encouragement... and now she's gone.

She lost her battle after heart surgery on January 16th. (a month to the day after I was injured in a car accident - it was not an easy holiday or new year beginning)

Life, in it's endless ways and wisdom keeps propelling me forward. Within that forward motion I carry with me a heart full of beautiful memories of Jo and all the special moments we shared together.


I still have my days where tears involuntarily well up in my eyes and find their way flowing down my cheeks, but mostly I try not to cry. The hardest days are over... but the emptiness and missing her is still such a obvious part of what's not there each day.

Today, in honor of Jo I ate a TON of shrimp for dinner (one of her fav.'s) and chocolate cream pie for dessert.

Let's just hope I'm adult enough to not eat the pie for breakfast... like I used to.

I miss you, Jo... I miss you so much...
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

  • It is ok to cry, hon. Grief doesn't have a timetable...well if it does, it makes it up as it goes along. My mom has been gone for a number of years and mostly I think of good things but there still are those days when all I want is my mama. Hugs!

    By Blogger Susan, at 4:29 AM  

  • *hugs*

    That's an awesome picture of Jo. She's lovely. Of course, she is, look who her daughter is...

    And it's really ok to have Chocolate Cream Pie for breakfast - it's great with coffee. *wink*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM  

  • May your many memories overshadow your sad times...

    By Blogger Sara, at 9:32 AM  

  • Your post brought tears to my eyes. You are so lucky to have had someone so special in your life.

    *Hugs*

    By Blogger Ann, at 6:48 PM  

  • Thanks, all of you, for your kindness and caring. It meant a lot... I truly miss her and it was a difficult day for me. *hugs to all*

    By Blogger Sprite, at 12:50 AM  

  • Sending you virtual "Big strong hugs and a shoulder to rest your head on".

    By Blogger Dayngr, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home