Blonde By Design

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Last Saturday in Blondeville...

Last Saturday I picked up my new little girly-girl SUV that packs a bit of a punch. *yay me!* However, had anyone told me that they make such a fuss over someone buying a new vehicle, those of you that know me well know... I wouldn't have done it!! (or I would have found a way to have gotten out of all the balloon and parade ceremonies... even if I do love an occasional hotdog!)

OMG! They parked the SUV on this red carpet circle, EVERYONE in the dealership and from 3 blocks around (or so it seemed) came out and watched while they took my picture. I was standing there, mentally talking my head out of shyville and reminding myself I get my picture taken often enough, I can handle this. I do do some model stuff here and there. Not often, but enough to not freeze when a camera is staring down my face.

And then it hit me. How do I pose with clothes on???

*laughing at myself*

I'm so used to striking a pose in lingerie ... and I'm standing there thinking to myself, "Now how is it I should pose with clothes on?? And why are all these people here??? *blink, blink*... make the people go away, this isn't a work day..."

So, I'm standing there, my arms hugged around me like I've got a chill and that's going to make it all better. Or at least make some of those people go away.




Trying to compose myself and turn up a winning white toothed smile, I tilt my head down and what do I see? Wayyyyy to much cleavage!! I had on a new orange cami top and... lets just say I didn't pay close enough attention before I left the house and leave it at that. *grrrrrroans* (What is it with orange cami's and me? This is the second time an orange cami has, shall we say, put the girls on display in too much of a way! *frowns at self for being in a hurry before I left that day)

I survived all of the congratulations, picture taking ,and being forced to be the center of attention, made arrangements to bring the SUV back to have the VIP package and alarm system installed and was off on my merry way.


By the time I got home (it's a 2 1/2 hr. drive) I was soooo regretting my purchase. I had thought, during my Goldilocks seat testing sitting spree, that I could get by with the cloth interior (the leather seats had initially seemed more comfortable to me). During my test drives the cloth seats seemed comfortable enough.

Well, ladies and gentleman, I'm here to tell you I was WRONG. Not only was I wrong, I was DEAD ARSE WRONG! My great purchase was turning into a dud! My butt was numb and I felt like I'd been sitting on a brick! I had, upon purchase, covered the issue with the dealership, on the off chance the cloth seats weren't as comfortable as the leather. (you see, it wasn't that I needed leather... it was that the leather seats felt more comfortable to my Princess and the Pea butt and back).

I immediately called the dealership to let them know there was a problem... but... customer service seemed to be slightly lagging now that the purchase had been made. I wasn't about to let non returned phone calls hold me back.

When the dealership, who was aware seating could be an issue and that a comfortable seat was of utmost importance to me, didn't return phone calls, I called the manufacturer. The Toyota Manufacturer. I'm not about to put my back through any shite - if it fatigues, I fatigue and that will just not do! Sitting on a brick like seat for several hours at a time while driving is not ok with me.

After my little chat with Toyota and a couple semi heated phone calls with the dealership, the brick seat issue is now in the process of being resolved. (my poor numb butt! How dare they even think of abusing it! lol)

The dealership wasn't wanting to listen at first, or hoping I'd so go away. Ha! No chance with this much money on the line! I told the Customer Service rep that my little SUV was like having a great looking guy for a boyfriend, but he was a royal dick to be around. THEN she understood and started the wheels rolling to resolve the issue and get leather with padding installed in my SUV.

*sighs*

I so hate hassles. If those people had any idea how much I hate having to be tough they'd.... choke. When I'm in Power Puff mode because a wrong has been done or a promise not kept, ... well, lets just say... I'm going to win that battle.

Or my little butt is.

*happy camper grins*




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home