Blonde By Design

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Tanning without the sun is hard work...

Being a sun goddess without the use of the sun is just plain hard work! It's time consuming. I miss my 20 min fake bake relaxation time. However, I'm totally fortunate that I look the way I do, especially at my age (49) and with all I've been through .... so, I'm *making myself* stick to the self tanning products. I want to preserve what I've got, so to speak. lol

Even though I have a couple more tanning sessions left at Sunsational Tans, I'm not in a hurry to use them up. After one shower I looked just a shade darker than hepatitis. I think the Mystic Tans (Sunsational) work best if you all ready have a base tan via the sun. I was able to get a darker color last year, but I was still semi-tan. This year... well, lets just say this year, although I wouldn't keep Casper company, parts of my body could be related to him.

Salon Bronze still ranks the highest in all I've tried. Tonight I'm trying St. Tropez Self Tanning Lotion. It wasn't hard to apply, but was a rather dark color coming out of the bottle. I recommend washing your hands often. We'll see how I look in the morning.

Do you self tan, sun ... or just forego the whole deal?

It recommends that you apply the lotion before bedtime. Blonde me, I don't think to read the label past that part. AFTER I'd applied the lotion, I reread the directions ... and it adds: Do not shower (easy to figure) or perspire for at least 4 hours.

*laughs*

Ok, so like, does that mean having sex tonight is out of the question????

*rolls eyes and laughs some more*

So... now ... I'm worried about ... what if I perspire in my sleep?

Dang life can be complicated! I should get my negative anonymous commenter to come tell me how my priorities are all screwed up.

*grins some more*

Hey... it's a blonde rite of passage.

Act dizzy, be real. *grins n winks*
(sits here and twiddles thumbs while waiting for her paint to dry... )

2 Comments:

  • You are not 49! No way!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 AM  

  • *laughs* No.. I'm 94 and just very immature for my age. :)

    By Blogger Sprite, at 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home