Blonde By Design

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Meet Molly the Wonder Dog...
Poor Molly is having such a hard time with the jealous bug since I brought Galen, The Future Man Eating Puppy, home, I thought maybe some time on the press would help make her feel better.

She's 12 years old now... and I'm grateful for everyday that I have her. We've been through a lot together.

During the first years of her life, she spent most of her time wanting to be a poodle. In 2001 we moved from the house to a condo type apartment and she immediately realized that a poodle was just fodder for her dreams and began the saga of her journey to become a small child.

She goes everywhere with me... and I do mean EveryWhere! She's very well traveled and very well behaved. I don't even need a leash to walk her. She doesn't run off and always obeys. Just don't try and pet her. She's very picky about that, and no offense, but lets few others touch her other than myself. Very much a one person dog.

She's one of the smartest dogs I've ever owned and was the easiest to train. She listens like a person and hears me, now that she's older, much like a child (when she wants to), but catches on quicker. lol

She only barks when someone rings the doorbell or knocks on the door and she's Never Once made a mess in the house. Not once. Well, except for the time she threw up... but that's another story. (the $278 Thanksgiving Turkey (the vet bill was $278) - turkey wings are not meant for dogs to eat - she regretted her sneaking 5 minutes after it happened and she got the tummy ache from hell. So unlike her to sneak, but even good children screw up sometimes.)

BTW... did I mention she's a Great fly catcher?? I never worry about flies in the summer. She may not see well, but she can still catch her flies. Just try and avoid kisses immediately after! ewwwww

2 Comments:

  • How nice to finally meet Molly! What a sweet, smart face she has! And how "thrilled" she looks to be walking Galen. Hehehehe.... I'm sure she's thinking "When Mom isn't looking, I'm gonna ditch you, sucka!" hehehehe Her disposition reminds me of my Lizzie, except I'm not so sure that I could walk Lizzie without a leash. Squirrels are just too tempting. Have a great day!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:16 AM  

  • Squirrels are a challenge, but she will stop her chase. Mostly, I think because she's too old to really give them chase any more. I used to have to keep a close eye on her when she was able to do my full walk with me. She was a squirrel happy kid back then! lol She still minded me, but definitely wanted those squirrels!

    By Blogger Sprite, at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home