Blonde By Design

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Wow... $10 an hour at McDonald's in Winnemucca


While taking a gas and potty break in Winnemucca, Nevada (BEFORE I got LOST) I noticed this sign painted on the McDonald's window.



Wow! I am ... stunned.

Winnemucca, Nevada, in the middle of dirt, desert, sagebrush, and nowhereville stessed economy pays $10 an hour to serve burgers at McDonald's. Most of the employees were in their late 20's to mid 30's.

No one looked like college or high school students. I noticed none had pimples, either.
(really, I looked...)

Amazing.

Winnemucca also scored the highest price gas of the entire trip. $3.29 a gal.
The average was $2.99 - $3.09.

No wonder Winnemucca pays so much to flip burgers. They have to pay that so their employees can afford to get enough gas to drive to work!

1 Comments:

  • Hiya Knitty! Cool! I was stunned, because McDonalds usually seems to well... bleed people before they pay them. I have friends that lived in Winnemucca (they're in Elko now) so I know the economy in Winnemucca hasn't been fun.

    By Blogger Sprite, at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home