Blonde By Design

Sunday, September 24, 2006

So I got lost... I'm blonde, remember???

While heading North to "Home on the Range, Montana," I kinda, sorta missed the turn at Wells, Nevada and almost ended up in Utah. I'm not exactly sure how I missed the turn, I knew it was coming, but my mom tells me it's an easy turn to miss - I think she was just trying to make me feel better. *smiles*

I kept waiting and waiting for the turn to come up ... and then the roadside scenery started to change and I started to get a little worried. There's no place to turn around and miles and miles of - nothing! Next thing I know I'm looking at a sign that says Wendover - 14 miles, Salt Lake City - WAY TOO CLOSE TO WHERE YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE!

Since I'd planned on filling up with gas next in Jackpot, NV I needed to finish the little, *cough, cough*, jaunt to Wendover and get gas. Needless to say, I wasn't quite pleased with myself, especially since it was getting dark and the weather was taking a turn and threatening to rain.

Deep cleansing breathes.

Really, it's ok.

I always didn't wonder what this side of Nevada/Utah looked like.

Both, on the way up AND on the way back I missed turns and almost ended up in Utah.

Not ONCE ... but TWICE!!!

You'd think I was trying to become a Mormon or something - except for I'm too Catholic to be a Mormon, even if I'm only a *jack* Catholic.




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home